Anti Ragging /Anti Harassment
College Level Committee
- Dr. Vasudha S.Nandanwar
- Committee Member
- Dr. P.B. Cholke
- MS. M.A.Chavan
- Dr. A.N.Sasane
- Ms. S.A.Padole
For more Contact Information
Cell for privation of sexual harassment of women staff and students
- Address :-
- Anantrao Pawar College,Pirangut Tal. Mulshi Dist. Pune.401115
- Mobile No.:-
- Mailing Address(Email Id)
- Address :-
Cell for privation of sexual harassment of women staff and students:-
- As per the guidelines of UGC, NAAC and the Supreme Court an Anti SexualHarassment Cell has been established at Anantrao Pawar College to provide a healthy andfree atmosphere for the staff members and students of the College under the guidance of Principal. The cell was constituted to meet the following basic objectives:
- To develop guidelines and norms for policies against sexual harassment.
- To develop principles and procedures to combat sexual harassment.
- To work out details for the implementation of these policies.
- To prepare a detailed plan of actions, both short and long termed.
- To organize gender sensitization awareness programme.
- To create a secure physical and social environment which will deter acts of sexual harassment.
- To promote a social and psychological environment that will raise awareness about sexualharassment in its various forms.
- To provide an environment free of gender-based discrimination.
- To facilitate a safe environment that is free of sexual harassment.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Committee :-
- Organize awareness programmes and campaigns for the benefit of all members ofthe College on sexual harassment and gender based discrimination.
- Conduct formal inquiry, investigation and take decisions upon each complaint andrecommend appropriate punishment or action to be taken, by the appropriateauthority, in each instance.
- Receive and redress complaints received from any member of the College (includingstudents, research scholars, staff, on College premises)alleging sexual harassmentby another member(s) of the College.
- Ensure that all information pertaining either to complaints registered and theproceedings and findings of any inquiries and/or investigations are kept strictly confidential.
Procedure to file/report a complaint: -
- The complainant will have to submit a written and signed complaint addressed to theHead of the Cell.
- The counsellor will call the complainant for a personal meeting, usually within a weekfrom the submission of the written complaint.
- The members of the Cell will discuss the complaint.
- If the case falls outside the purview of the Cell, the complainant will be informed aboutthe same by the appropriate authority.
- If the case comes under the purview of the Cell, an enquiry committee will be set up.
The Committee will submit a report and recommend the nature of action to be taken at theearliest by the appropriate authority.
Under this committee we outset a complaint box in the college, which is helpful to the women staff and girl students to make complaint against any kind of sexual harassment in college arena.
This complaint box is been weekly checked and yet no such complain is detected. Hence we can say that the college environment/atmosphere is healthy and safe for all the girl students, female teachers and all other female staff in the college.
Awareness Workshop/ lectures : -
- About sexual harassment is organised for faculty, non - teaching staff and students. The aim is to develop nonthreatening and non- intimidating atmosphere of mutual learning.
- Gender Equality
- Awareness program on women and cyber security
- Gender sensitization: problems and strategic awareness program
Counselling : -
- Confidential counselling service is an important service as it provides a safe space to speak about the incident and how it has affected the victim because sexual harassment cases are rarely reported and is a sensitive issue.